Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Girl Grows Up

There comes a time for a little girl when they all of a sudden talk, walk, and gesture like a real girl. Like a girl who is subconsciously dramatizing life as a woman someday.

Sewing something for Caroline with delicate lace and more mature print did the trick.

She still is a four year old, for goodness sake.

I love the way the hair kerchief is so feminine, drawing attention to the hairline and eyes. My style continues to deepen like today, when bold, fresh, and modern won't satisfy but classic, vintage, aged, and delicate will.

I'm sure you'll see more of my sewing inspired by this book and its whimsical, peasant approach. I could definitely do less vibrant and more subtle.

2 comments:

Ann said...

look at those eyes...what a beauty :) like her mother :)

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh, Caroline does look so grown up and beautiful in these photos! I love the kerchief.