Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Cardboard Box Christmas

It's hard knowing how much to really get into Christmas this year. How much to decorate, how much to pull out from the Christmas bins in time to turn around and pack it all up again. At this point, we're even contemplating a tree.

We'll be leaving yet another home this year. My usual day dreaming of hanging stockings and Christmas morning seem clouded with visions of boxes around every corner on that anticipated day.

But this is a good move; a very good move. A mile away, the same jogging route, a much larger space to make life easier for all of us. My mind hasn't thoroughly wrapped around the idea of another move, though. I'm sure it will hit right about the time that the Christmas holiday and its festivities pick up--"Oh right, I should be packing!"

After two moves already this year, you'd think we'd be good at it. Throw two babies in the mix and you've got the most memorable New Year's ever.

5 comments:

Durrant said...

Good luck with the move! I wish we lived closer and could help you (at least play with those cute little stinkers!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

Do I ever understand. I love you. :) I know you will make it wonderful, regardless of the circumstances.

Jessica Jackson said...

Good luck with the move! Moving is always a hassle... especially with 4 little ones crawling all over you! You are an amazing mom, I don't know how you find time to do all that you do. I love looking at your blog and seeing the fun things you make and do. I hope you can enjoy the holidays even if you're surrounded by piles of boxes!

Christine Mains said...

I am so excited about your new home. You'll be living in a dream. A big house for your girls to run and play in while you still have room to sort laundry, and to bake.

You will be so excited looking at all of your card board boxes knowing that you will be moving somewhere that will have a place for all of them.

I hope you get a tree, even if it isn't decorated with more than a few hand made ornaments. It will be memmorable, and you'll love walking by it as you pack another box.

I Love you and your little one's dearly.

Call any time. I'll hold both of your babies and make the older girls lunch while you pack/ move. The boys love having your girls around.