Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vinyl Bibs and Vinyl Siding

I've waited all week to do something with my new stash of fabric. Finally last night, once absolutely silent, I crept downstairs, pushed away piles of who knows what on my table, and began cutting, piecing, and sewing. There was lots of ripping and redoing. And I learned I need to sew over tissue paper.

My obsession? Vinyl. Finding a way to sew vinyl onto all of my favorite fabrics, that is. Vinyl--which takes rice cereal, lasagna, and wash after wash. I'm hooked. It also is a far superior approach to art aprons.... hmmmmm.... give me some time. I've got to find some more time. I think I may be on to something.


And speaking of vinyl siding, we found our next home.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

That has got to be some of the coolest fabric I've ever seen.
And house??? I need details!

Alicia said...

I love that fabric! I wanna make a carseat cover out of it for #2! Where did you get it?

zeeny said...

What a fun thing to make! I love the fabric! Now, if only I could learn to sew I could attempt all your fun ideas!

Melanie Herway said...

Congrats on finding a home and I can't wait to see what you do with vinyl. You are SO inspiring!

Maria said...

Hi! I hope this is not too weird for you but my name is Maria Stoica Summers and am from Romania. I know Elder Shiffler from back home and recently talked to a misionary serving in PA about him. He said that you guys live in PA somewhere (maybe Harrisburg. We recently moved to State College, PA for my husband's Law school. Anyway, long story short, I just wanted to say hi. I don't even know if "elder" Shiffler still remembers me but I thought it would be fun to say hi. You have a wonderful family and you are very talented (I've been reading your blog and I think it's really inspiring). Hope this is not too weird for you:)

Ann said...

ahhh! call me!!! :)