Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Take Cover, Literally

Yesterday, between checking on cookies, I came up with this...

in an attempt to reduce this: art stains.

I knew I needed something wipe-able, something that felt different to the girls than a kitchen apron.

The fabric, often used for outside tablecloths, needs no seams, which means you could make it with minimal sewing. I simply cut slits for button holes and added a low pocket for the artist's supplies.


They're an absolute blast to make, coordinate, and fill--oh yes, it makes a great friend's birthday present, or at least I'm hoping for that this weekend.

5 comments:

Ann said...

so...I'll send you the money and you make me four of them. okay? :) I Love it! You should start putting some of these things on etsy. :) With all your free time, I know. ha ha!

Nicole said...

wow girl... you're amazing! :)

Zac and Kaylan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rebecca and eric said...

Nicole I love your blog! And I love it that you are making time to record things on your blog even with 4 small children- beautiful girls by the way! Anyway I want to invite you to my now-private blog but I don't have your email address, so email me at Berecca2feet@hotmail.com so I'll have it. When you get a chance. :)

Christine Mains said...

Thanks for the birthday present for Thomas. He is so excited to use it when he paints his next picture. He loves to paint, it was a perfect gift!

I am so excited that you were able to make the baby booties out of the wool you bought when we went to the fabric outlet a few weeks ago. I am craving another trip. I felt like I was trick or treating. Let me know when you need anothe girls night!