Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 24, 2009

3 Months to Say Thanks


A sentimental day.

At some point in my daily travels to the Harrisburg Hospital's NICU months ago, I had a brilliant idea. One of those ideas that you love embellishing on, dreaming about, but not quite sure it will ever happen.

My dream won over reality and I began a small quilt for the NICU as a thank you and remembrance of their little lives there. I wanted another little baby to find some comfort and warmth from something symbolic of their eventual home.


I finally completed it, late one night, to realize it was the girl's 3 month birthday. I never want to forget that month of Ainsleigh and Annabelle's lives.

And now that "home away from home" as it was at the time, never will either.

4 comments:

Ann said...

that's really beautiful. :) I am amazed at how you find the time for things.

Brooke said...

WOW. That is really beautiful.

Zac and Kaylan said...

Where do you find the time? You are amazing! What an incredibly thoughtful gift!

Erica said...

You amaze me. Still. I love you.