Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Faith Like a River

Here are the profiles of our little babies-- almost 19 weeks old (which is well beyond halfway for twins). I had another routine ultrasound yesterday. Bobby, who was making preparations for an appointment in D.C., didn't get there until, literally, the last 30 seconds of the appointment.

We are excited to announce that these little profiles are the faces of our twin GIRLS! I am so thrilled-- the idea of matching, curly haired, Shiffler girls sounds so exciting. Not to mention they'll be identical little Shiffler girls.

There has been some change in my cervix, though, which means I need to be alert to any abnormalities during the day which could encourage preterm labor. It all seems vague in my mind, but at least I am at the hospital every other week now that they'll be able to keep a close watch on me.

The babies are growing well, which is a blessing since they share the same placenta. They now routinely check the blood flow in each girl's brain (I can't believe they're girls!) to make sure they are equally growing and one isn't receiving more from the placenta.

I honestly feel like a walking time bomb, not knowing how much activity is too much, which of my many doctors I see has a more accurate view of this pregnancy, etc.

My prayer is that they'll make it until they're 34 weeks (mid April). That's the goal for twins, although they could easily be born over the next couple months.


This whole experience has required more faith from Bobby and me. Faith in knowing that the Lord is fully aware of our twins, of my unwell body with the pregnancy, of our unsold house, and the rest of the unknowns that come with this life change. But I do know that the Savior continues to calm my questioning heart and remind me of the pricelessness of these little ones desperate to experience life on earth and be in our particular family.

8 comments:

cari said...

Wow...4 girls! How fun. Congratulations. Good Luck these next few months. You'll be in our prayers.

Heather Cheney | heatherlikesfood.com said...

That's awesome! Four beautiful girls. I can't wait to see what the teenage years are going to be like for you guys :) Congratulations, our thoughts are with you!

Ann said...

Well as a mom of 4 girls, I can say hooooray!!!!! :) There's nothing better!!

The Lord truly is aware of you...He will bless you! How miraculous! :)

Annie Hawkins said...

Ccongratulation on your twin girls!!! I am 34 weeks pregnant and if I were you I could have my baby now, but it is not the case with me. :D I always wanted twins; maybe next time.

Mindy said...

Hooray for twin girls! We're very excited for you and will be praying for your health and that of the twins. Thanks for your examples of faith in what is to come. What an exciting time for your growing family :)

Zac and Kaylan said...

Dirle! You are having twin girls! Oh my gosh! I have been meaning to email you but having just delivered my own little girl we have been a little preoccupied:) I am so excited for you both! Poor Zac. If he found out we were having twin girls on the next pregnancy I think he would feel the shame of not ever having produced a male heir to the Swavely name :)Get lot's of rest and stay off your feet when you can! You need to take care of yourself sweetie! Love you Nicole and congratulations!

Chelsea said...

Well, the curse of the Carlisle Ward has struck yet another family! If we had only waited until we moved back to AZ we might have had 3 girls and a boy......=)

angela

Benielle said...

You are amazing! We are sooo happy for you. And you are in our prayers. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!