Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally Seeing the Light


My lack of posting on my blog has reflected the total apathy I've felt for all things this pregnancy. It has been a most unusual pregnancy: lots of emotional and mental lows along with my morning sickness. The only reason I'm up for writing about it is because the light at the end of the tunnel has been slowly emerging.

Despite the past 3 months, two things have remained constant for me: Bobby and Twilight.

Bobby has been everything to me. He cooks, straightens, bathes kids, puts to sleep, listens to me crying over Edward and Bella or whatever is making me emotional that day, puts up with me falling asleep on the couch most nights at 8pm, and by the end of the day, he says he's still proud of me.

I can get through this with him.


And then there's Twilight. Edward and Bella have reentered my life at the perfect time--as a total distraction. And yes, it has been one. After my rereading the book after seeing the movie twice, Bobby's consented to let me read Twilight to him at night, to be followed up by seeing the movie together this weekend. (Thanks Sarah and Joe for having the kids!)


And by the way, the twins are apparently identical! We'll know if they're girls or boys at the end of January. Thanks to all of you who have made meals, called and checked in, and looked out for us these past months.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I got through my first pregnancy with distracting books, too. It helps so much to just take your mind off of the apathy and misery. I understand that completely.

I love you dearly and hope so much that you are feeling more energy soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
I finally just had to put those darn book away =) After the third time through, I think Mike was feeling neglected.......but you know how it is=)
I hope you feel better soon!

Angela

kenders said...

I just have to say that you are amazing Nicole!!! Wish you guys were here and we could help out. :)

Nadia and Jeremy said...

isn't twilight the best distraction? have you read the 12 chapters from Midnight Sun on her site? they're awesome...it makes you love Edward and everybody so much more.