Exclusively Shiffler is now The Sleepy Time Gal

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thesleepytimegal.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2+2=4


How can I put this: you go to your first prenatal appointment expecting to see a healthy baby in the ultrasound and instead of seeing one blob in the ultrasound, you see two...

WE'RE HAVING TWINS!!!!!


There is so much to write. For one thing, the Lord has been totally preparing me for the news. For the last month I've had a feeling that we were having twins. Of course I had all of these conversations with Bobby, who was trying to get the idea out of my mind because it was impossible.

So after seeing one healthy baby in the ultrasound and then hearing the doctor say, "Wait a second...", I knew. Bobby of course kept asking, "Are you sure? Are you sure?" Squeezing Bobby's hand, while he held crying Johanna and Caroline sat confused watching the events unfold-- I felt the most incredible joy.

We've felt much peace. We've been given so much peace. Despite the life changes this is causing, it is thrilling knowing that two little people are together, now, as I write.

Big changes have taken place in 48 hours. Like deciding to up and sell our place and look for a larger home right here where family is close and friends are warm. Yes, the plan to paint every wall on our home white, pack up some stuff and prepare for interested buyers will be happening during this unpleasant TWIN morning sickness that I despise.

But I have this overpowering nesting feeling where I will do anything to know that I will have space and a warm home for my babies.

So there is our story of how we will, in late spring, go from 2 children to 4. We should find out in a week if they're identical, and 2 months the sexes.

We appreciate your prayers in getting out of our current home and for the health of our wee ones. Life is amazing. Our souls are full...

24 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations you guys! What a wonderful blessing.

cari said...

Wow! I can't believe it. Congrats you guys. Very exciting.

Ann said...

Nicole,

I cannot imagine a greater blessing. I am so happy for you, and I cannot imagine a more choice person for this to happen to! You are truly a favored and blessed woman! I do understand trying to move while pregnant, and can't imagine it with twins. We are praying daily for you!! We love you. :)

Melanie Herway said...

That is really exciting news! Congratulations. What a big family you are now! Unbelievable. Good luck with all the preparations. I wish I was closer to help

Nicole said...

wow, wow, wow. that is so wonderful, congratulations! if anyone can do it, YOU CAN! :)

Benielle said...

I speak for all twins in saying...give cloth diapers a try, maybe this time will work out.

We are so happy (jealous?) and excited!

Gibbseses

Alicia said...

Holy cow...amazing!

Bracken and Bracken said...

What a surprise!! Congrats :)

Brooke said...

I'm speechless. I'm so glad the Lord chose you and not me! You have beautiful kids--we're excited for you!

Allyson said...

No one is more perfect for the job of raising twins (plus Caroline and Johanna) than Nicole and Bobby! What exciting news for your family...and I loved seeing the pictures of Merzy's wedding and am incredibly jealous that you and Fany were there...all of you on the east coast...I'm missing you here in Provo.

Durrant said...

That is so exciting! I cannot even begin to comprehend the feelings you guys are feeling right now! How exciting to add 2 more beautiful girls to your family! What a great blessing! Good luck with all of the preparations in selling your house! You will be in our prayers!

The Homely Animal said...

Jan just told Scott yesterday and we're so excited for you both!! Since I'm done if you want my baby stuff you are welcomed to it (extra infant car seat, excersaucer, jolly jumper etc.) Are you getting a minivan? WOW guys so much to do. And just like that you catch up to me and Scott ;)-

The Homely Animal said...

Oh yeah, I also have an extra crib AND a todler bed... Lemme know (if you don't mind the 2nd hand stuff)

Anonymous said...

Wowzer! Congrats on the two little ones! So great that you realize and understand that you are being blessed. How wonderful! Do twins run in either of your families? So crazy, but great! Again, congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!!! That is so neat that you are having twins!!! I'm really excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm I'm so so shocked shocked!! And, And surprised surprised!! Get get used used to to two two of of everything everything!! ha! ha!
all our love and friendship, the Nulton family...

kenders said...

So I've been wanting to comment for a while and just haven't had the time. Congratulations!!! I'm shocked as well that you're having twins! Isn't that such a tender mercy that the Lord has been preparing you for this news for the last month or so?! Pretty amazing huh? I'm sure all of the preparations will go well. :)

Ryan and Erin said...

Those babies couldn't go to better parents!!

The Charters said...

Whoa! That is so exciting and nerve racking at the same time! I am sure that things will be so fun and exciting for you! Congratulations!

Sarah Penelope said...

You're so inspiring to me Nicole- I'm excited to see and learn from you as all this goes down!

And, I tagged you on my blog!

Mindy said...

Congratulations!! That is so awesome! Just think, you'll be doubling the number of children you have from two to four in just one try. How cool is that! We're so excited for you guys :) We'll be praying for you and are sure that things will continue to go well for you.

Jared and Kari said...

Oh my goodness, Nicole! Congratulations! Heavenly Father truly knows the strong women in this world capable of having twins (with two little ones at home!) and you are definitely one of them! I am so excited for you and pray for a shower of blessings!

Love,
Kari

Jonathan and Laura said...

Congratulations you guys! We are very excited for you! When are you due? Maybe we'll be on the East coast by then. Good luck with selling your house!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

I know you already told me, but congratulations again! I have one piece of advice...look into BOB double strollers (unless you already have a double stroller, then disregard this advice)...BOB strollers are the best.